Recent news and updates from our chapter:
Following are a few announcements and reminders as of 02/02/21:
1. Calendar the date - Saturday, April 24, 2021. - We are planning on a virtual Congreso rather than our annual Gala. We are receiving support from Vista Higher Learning and the Office of Education of Spain. We are excited about the program we will be presenting. There will be more information to come in the near future. RIGHT NOW we would like to involve you in the program. How? Send us a 20 second video clip on how you are dealing with teaching during the pandemic. It will be part of a video montage to introduce the program. Send me your video clip by Friday, February 12th. Send to BLopez.email@example.com
2. NATIONAL POSTER CONTEST - entries are due to our poster coordinator, Anna Monserrat, by March 15th. Need the entry information? Go to our website: www.aatspmetny.org
3. NATIONAL CONFERENCE registration has opened. Early bird registration ends April 1st. Go towww.aatsp.org for conference and hotel registration
4. NATIONAL SPANISH EXAMS registration has been extended to February 3rd.
5. NSE SCHOLARSHIPS deadline is February 15th.
6. SHH SCHOLARSHIPS deadline is February 25th.
7. THE NATIONAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS is looking for nominations to fill the positions of President elect, College/University Representative, Secondary representative and K-8 representative.
8. DUES paid for 2021? Go to the national website to renew your dues.
9. METRO NY PODCAST was published on December 1st. Did you listen? Great recommendations from veteran teachers. Did you ask where can it be found? Go to our website: www.aatspmetny.org
10. Have you gone to our Facebook page? Make sure you leave a like on the page.
Stay safe. Stay warm.
Me faltó comentaros estos cursos de verano (Atención al curso que ofrece la Universidad de Santiago):
As always, we wish you good health and peace during these turbulent times.
Bernard A. López
President of the AATSP Metro NY Chapter