Recent news and updates from our chapter:
1. Please remember that if you have to mail a payment/check to the AATSP, please send it to the Indiana branch, NOT the National office. The staff in Chesterton, Indiana handles all financial transactions for the Association, including all NSE transactions: AATSP Indiana Branch, 160 Rail Road, Suite 3, Chesterton, IN 46304.
2. SAVE THE DATE for our Annual Gala-Mexico: April 13, 2019 at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
3. Check our new newsletter.
4. Reminder the spring PD to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the Brooklyn museum on Saturday, March 23rd is very limited. See file below.
In other news:
- Congratulations to Anna Monserrat, chapter board member, has been chosen as the New York State Director for the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica.
- Congratulations to the following students for winning NSE scholarships:
Michael Salama of Pelham Memorial HS was the winner of the Junior Study Abroad Scholarship. Teacher: Anna Brown.
Hannah Steinthal of Blindbrook HS was winner a $1,000 scholarship. Teacher: Nacher Starris.
Fina Reilly of the Secondary School at Columbia University winner of the Global Citizen Scholarship. Teacher Talia Gonzalez Cigliano.
- Registration for the summer conference in San Diego is now open. More information at National's website: www.aatsp.org
- The Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica has a new and improved website. Check it out: www.aatspshh.org
- Going to the NECTFL this weekend. Visit the AATSP table and meet our new Executive Director, Sheri Spaine Long and Metro NY chapter board members.
- Have you renewed your membership for this calendar year?
- The deadline to submit for the National Poster Contest is Friday, March 15, 2019. All pertinent information and the student entry form can be found at our chapter website: www.aatspmetny.com
Director of Communications
AATSP Metro NY Chapter