1. Our colleague Cristina Santiago Campbell, AP at Brooklyn Technical HS is looking for a full time French teacher. The teacher needs to be New York State certified. Kindly send a cover letter and CV directly to Cristina at CSantiagoCampbel@schools.nyc.gov
2. This year's NYCAFLT Conference will be on Saturday, November 16th. We will be offering two sessions. See the attached flyer for more information. We will be giving CTLE credit for attendance to each session.
3. Members are urged to vote in our national elections. Information with your user name and password were sent out to you on October 1st. Look for an email from Noreply@eballot.com
4. The deadline for conference proposals is Friday, November 1st. Go to aatsp.org
for more information. The 102nd Annual Conference will be in Puerto Rico in July.
5. Kindly renew your dues for the new calendar year. I have attached the membership form for your convenience. Remember. You can renew online or mail it in.
6. Please find information regarding our Chapter Poster Contest. As you know, our country of emphasis is the Dominican Republic. The theme will be "Quisqueya: la cuna de América." Last year's winning entry also won first place on the high school level in National's Poster Contest.
7.Please find attached information regarding our chapter website competition. This year's country of emphasis is the Dominican Republic. The competition gives an opportunity to students to do research on the DR, as well as combining technology skills in creating a website.
8. Attached please find information regarding this year's Teacher of the Year Award. We heard your suggestions regarding nominations. We are opening the nomination process to the chapter members. YOU can nominate a colleague or self-nominate. We are also accepting nominations on three levels: Elementary, High School and College/University/Two Year College.
9. Please find attached information for our Annual Coin Competition. As you know, our country of emphasis will be the Dominican Republic. The theme this year is "Quisqueya: la cuna de América." Remember. The competition is now open to high school students also.
Click on the tabs on our website to find information for each of these competitions.
Have a great week.
PS- We proudly announce the country of emphasis for the 2020 Gala will be the Dominican Republic.