1. If you missed this year's NYCAFLT Conference which was on Saturday, November 16th. See the attached information on the presentations. Due to a misunderstanding between the NYCAFLT executive committee and the AATSP executive board, we will not being giving CTLE credit for attendance to our two sponsored sessions.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this miscommunication. We still raffled off a free membership to any non-AATSP member.
Thank you for your understanding.
2. Kindly renew your dues for the new calendar year. I have attached the membership form for your convenience. Remember. You can renew online or mail it in.
3. Please find information regarding our Chapter Poster Contest. As you know, our country of emphasis is the Dominican Republic. The theme will be "Quisqueya: la cuna de América." Last year's winning entry also won first place on the high school level in National's Poster Contest.
4.Please find attached information regarding our chapter website competition. This year's country of emphasis is the Dominican Republic. The competition gives an opportunity to students to do research on the DR, as well as combining technology skills in creating a website.
5. Attached please find information regarding this year's Teacher of the Year Award. We heard your suggestions regarding nominations. We are opening the nomination process to the chapter members. YOU can nominate a colleague or self-nominate. We are also accepting nominations on three levels: Elementary, High School and College/University/Two Year College.
6. Please find attached information for our Annual Coin Competition. As you know, our country of emphasis will be the Dominican Republic. The theme this year is "Quisqueya: la cuna de América." Remember. The competition is now open to high school students also.
Click on the tabs on our website to find information for each of these competitions.
Have a great week.
PS- We proudly announce the country of emphasis for the 2020 Gala will be the Dominican Republic.